Monday, February 28, 2011

Family Update

I have no clue where the time has gone. I keep saying that over and over, but it's true. Silas is 3 and a half months old. Jack is right in the middle of the semester, and I'm just trying to keep up. And so here's what we've been up to...

...Jack and Silas are both getting over "the crud." I took Silas to the doctor twice to make sure he was okay. The doctor says he has a virus going around and a minor ear infection and pink eye, which are both due to the virus. Poor little guy, he spent a good day sleeping and cuddling with me, and now he's back to being awake and alert and ready to play. The doctor weighed him and he's 13 pounds 6 ounces with a fully loaded diaper.

...Jack's mom and his sister took a road trip up here from Florida last weekend and we got to enjoy a brief but sweet visit with them, and my parents are coming up in a week and we are looking forward to more family time.

...Silas and I went to Kosair Children's Hospital today for him to get a UGI test to see if he has acid reflux. A couple weeks after he was born he would cry after about 3 ounces and not be able to eat anymore. The test came back negative for reflux, and they said that nothing structurally is wrong with him which is good news. I think this is just something he will have to outgrow.

...I've spent the last week trying to get Silas to notice the toys his aunts, uncles, friends, and grandparents have given him. After a week of practice this is what you get. [A half-hearted grip on a rattle: top. And him kicking at his fish friends (the dangling things are fish): below]





In His Victory,

No comments:

Post a Comment