Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"Everyone needs a good pot roast recipe..."

...or at least that's what I've been told. As a cook, I'm still a major novice, and I'm still figuring out if the meat is from a cow or a pig and which part its coming from. It's tricky stuff. But this is what I've figured out so far. I used eye of round for the roast, and that was just because there was a sticker on the meat that said pot roast and it was on sale so I figured I was on the right track.  Jack told me that the meat was from a cow and so I found this chart, and grosssss. But this roast was SUPER easy, and made the house smell really good. I give it 4.5 stars! 




Ingredients 

  • 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
  • 1 1/4 cups water
  • 5 1/2 pounds pot roast
  • however many you like baby carrots.

  • Directions
  1. In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture. Add carrots around the roast.
  2. Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours. 

Bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment