Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Asa Matthew.

When Silas was born, we literally took thousands of pictures of him! Someone told me, "Wait until you have your third, you will have a couple lines written in a journal somewhere and that will be it!" And how true those words are. But here is my attempt to document at least a little something about this pregnancy. 

I am delivering in Franklin, but after 2 ultrasounds the doctor sent me to Asheville to get a better picture of Asa's heart. We made it a family trip and brought the kids. Silas thought it was awesome seeing Asa on the screen. Lois was just concerned about what the tech was doing to me, and so she stood by the bed and held my hand most of the time, which was totally precious. The best news was that Asa's heart looked perfect! Praise the Lord!

The ultrasound tech surprised us, and gave us a 3d ultrasound, and we got to see Asa's little face!

This has been the fastest pregnancy, most likely due to Silas and Lois keeping me busy. I was nauseous the longest though, probably until about 16 weeks, and mostly at night. Have I had any cravings? Jack has made frequent trips to a local thai restaurant this pregnancy. :)

What really has made this pregnancy so special though, is how excited Silas and Lois are to have a brother. They tell Asa goodnight and give him hugs and kisses, and Silas is always very careful when he sits on my lap so that he doesn't squish Asa. It feels like Asa is already a part of our family. Only 8 more weeks until he makes his debut!

No comments:

Post a Comment