Monday, June 30, 2014

Homemade Lotion for Eczema

This is my favorite lotion for treating eczema. I have tried most over the counter lotions for Silas, and this DIY recipe has worked the best!
The ingredients are simple. Two parts raw shea butter to 1 part coconut oil. For this batch, I used 2 T of shea butter and 1 T of coconut oil. I got the shea butter from World Market and the coconut oil can be found at most grocery stores.
 Fill a pot half way with water. Double broil over medium heat until its melted.

 Once it's melted, remove the bowl and put it in the fridge for 30 min-1 hour until it starts to solidify...
 ...like this.
Then with a hand mixer, use the whisk attachment to whip into lotion consistency. 
Lastly, put it in an empty container. Baby food jars work great for this, but I just didn't have any! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment