Thursday, April 14, 2011

5 months

Our house is quiet. I just put Silas to bed, and I'm enjoying my evening downloading pictures and videos of our precious boy. He is 5 months old today! It's hard to tell how much he's changing, because I get to see him everyday, but when I look back over his newborn pictures, I can tell he's changed so much. Some of Silas' favorites pastimes are playing in his exersaucer, kicking on his changing table, going to Target with mom, watching basketball with dad, eating and playing with his toys.

I'm not sure what happened, but somewhere around 3.5 months, Silas was able to eat better. This was a huge answer to prayer because since he couldn't eat very much at one time without hurting, I was feeding him all the time. He now eats  about 5-6 oz. He's been sleeping for longer stretches at night, usually 7 to 9 hours.

So, what is little boy able to do this month that he wasn't able to do last month?

-Well, he can roll over from his tummy to his back. He's only done it a few times. He reallllyyy does not like tummy time.

-He can lean forward in his bathtub so I can wash his back. Super helpful.

-He kicked a hole in the pad on his changing table hence his nickname "hammer heel." Other nicknames include "little stink(erton)" and pork chop.

-There has been definite improvement on eating from a spoon.


He loves all his toys. They are some of his closest friends.


-He can hold his bottle. (We still haven't totally mastered this.)


That's all for now. We will keep you posted.

Love,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment