Monday, April 18, 2011

FOODIE:

(noun): one who loves and enjoys food so so much.

It was a combination of watching "Julie & Julia" and my Ministry of Hospitality class with Mrs. Mohler that I have been on a bit of a cooking kick. When I got married almost 2 years ago, I only knew how to make spaghetti and taco pie, and so that is what we ate. Every night. This is one of the ways that Jack and I are very different. He really could eat spaghetti every night and be totally content, and I love that about him because he's really easy to please. But me on the other hand, I am an absolute foodie and I need variety.

And because of this cooking kick, I have found that I really love cooking! I'm not one of those people who can just think of a bunch of ingredients that would go good together, so the hard part for me is finding a good recipe. So, I thought I would start sharing the recipes that I've enjoyed and the ones I've enjoyed not so much.

So here's the run-down of the rating scale.

***** (5 star) SUPER yummy. Insert self-control [here] because I could eat it all in one sitting. Will definitely make again.
****(4 star) SOLID. A good solid recipe. Will make again.
*** (3 star) eh... probably won't make again unless it's quick, easy, and cheap.
**(2 star) Pretty bad. Definitely won't make again.
* (1 star) Disgustingly horrible.

There ya go! Recipes coming soon.




3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to you sharing recipes. I have also come to love cooking more in the past year or so. You need to check out the blog ourbestbites.com, they have fabulous recipes, crafting ideas, etc. Looking forward to our sushi date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cooking too! Can't wait to see some of your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh! I love to cook too! excited to see your recipes.

    ReplyDelete