Thursday, December 12, 2013

Bumgenius vs. Fuzzibunz vs. Sunbaby: Cloth Diapering Revisited.

My cloth diapering experience started out with trying 3 different brands: Sunbaby, Bumgenius, and Fuzzibunz one- size insert diapers. It's been over a year and half since I've started cloth diapering, and my thoughts have changed a little. Here's what I originally thought. And so here's the good, the bad, and the ugly dirty....in my opinion anyways. :)

Fuzzibunz One Size Elite didn't even make it a month in our home. I like how trim they were, but adjusting elastic + a squirmy baby = lots of wardrobe changes (both baby and me).



The Sunbabys are gone. Goodbye. I got rid of them months ago. Those cute fabrics just suckered me in, and $5 sounded like such a steal! It started as a few snaps here and a couple threads here, but some of them quickly started coming apart. But it was the months in and months out of changing lots of baby clothes because of diaper leaks that Sunbaby and I had to part ways.




And so, that leaves Bumgenius 4.0 (with snaps), and they are fantastic! Absorbent, yes. Easy to change, yes. Easy to clean, yes. Durable, yes. They are a bit more expensive, but when it comes to cloth diapering, I have found you get what you pay for.




No comments:

Post a Comment